Replace Old Wood Bulkhead Door
Foundation Plates are installed on top of areaway foundation or sidewalls to:
- Improve areaway appearance
- Cover rough masonry and small holes
- Span voids in brick and concrete block
- Reduce the inside width of the areaway foundation
- Support basement doors in corner installations with one side supported by house
Gordon Slant Bulkhead replaces an old, corroded bulkhead. Rotted, leaking underlayment replaced with fresh, pressure-treated wood.
This installation is on a 4x6 pressure treated sill with a membrane between steel and pressure treated wood.
Installed Gordon RD3 and 6-inch extension on Azek trim replacing an old wooden unit.
This bulkhead was completely trimmed out inside. Old Trim was removed, Bulkhead was removed, new pressure treated sill applied, new Bilco bulkhead installed, and new trim reinstalled.